Edison Fire Protection’s professional fire protection technicians provide design, installation, programming, and training of automatic detection and fire alarm systems for a wide variety of standard and special hazards systems. All of our system designs are reviewed by NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies) certified technicians and all field personnel are factory trained on the products we sell. This allows us to provide the best possible service to all of our customers, from start to finish.
Design | Installation | Programming | Repair | Training | Inspection
Your building’s fire alarms are important for keeping your employees safe as well as maintaining fire code compliance. Fire alarm installation requires an electrical permit to be pulled with the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), either a State or County Authority. Once the permit has been issued, system plans are submitted for review and approval. Fire alarm installation is based on fire and electrical codes, primarily NFPA 72.
Fire Alarm Repairs
Our certified technicians provide repairs and technical support on all fire alarm systems, even those we did not design or install. Our years of experience (30+ years) and highly educated professional staff let us help, train and/or support our client’s maintenance team and property management staff.
While fire alarms are responsible for protecting you against fires, you are responsible for making sure that your fire alarm is running properly. When you need repairs for your fire alarm system, you should only entrust this important task to the experts in fire alarm system repair. At Edison Fire Protection our experienced technicians are certified to manage your fire alarms.
Common Fire Alarm Repairs
Because fire alarms are continuously working to protect you, they can gradually wear out and lose sensitivity. If your fire alarm system breaks down, you should not hesitate to get immediate repairs. Any second wasted could be the moment that a fire comes to life. Some common fire alarm system repairs include:
• Replacing corroded electrical wire for battery-free smoke detectors
• Recalibration of the smoke sensor
• Replacing worn-out parts, such as speakers
• Reconnecting fire alarms so that they all sound if a single unit detects smoke
• Adding or replacing strobe lights to further warn you of a fire
When it comes to protecting your life and your property, only the best will suffice. You should not wait to have your fire alarm system checked and repaired by experienced, detail-oriented fire alarm repair technicians.
Our certified trained technicians have decades of experience servicing and troubleshooting all types of fire alarm systems. Your annual fire alarm inspection program will include:
• Full functional tests of your Fire Alarm Control Panel, Remote Annunicator, and Auxiliary Power Supply on AC power and battery back-up
• Verification of communication with the Dispatch Center, and assurance that alarm, trouble, and supervisory signals are being received properly
• Activation of input devices (smoke detectors; heat detectors, duct detectors, pull stations; monitor points, waterflow switches, tamper switches, kitchen fire suppression systems, door releases, fan shutdowns, and elevator recall and shunt trips) and confirmation that the locations and/or addresses are correct and clearly labeled at the Fire Alarm Control Panel
• Cleaning and testing of all accessible input devices
• Activation and verification of the proper operation of all notification devices (horn/strobes, bells, strobe lights, zone indication, and auxiliary control functions)
The installation process typically begins with a core system, or riser, in a premise’s lower level, in which our experts carefully lay the wiring and mount the fire alarm system’s main control panel. This setup is securely linked with data communication wiring, which is separately linked with each detector, pull station, visual, auditory and communication device, floor-by-floor.Once each and every device is linked to the risers beneath the floors, they are activated. Our certified technicians then program the fire alarm system’s software, and devices are carefully sequenced. Upon completion, our technicians conduct a thorough test of each of the system’s functions and capabilities. Any and all necessary adjustments of the fire alarm system are corrected immediately. Device testing and programming continues until each component of the system is configured for optimal functionality.After the fire alarm system installation is completed, a Fire Department inspection takes place. Upon system approval by the Fire Department, the building owner signs off on our work, and all final drawings—property of the building owner—are submitted to the respective county or state’s Department of Buildings.
At Edison Fire Protection, our fire alarm installation services are designed to keep your building safe at all times. Every fire alarm system we design meets the following criteria, regardless of size:
• Alarm system design and engineering that meets National Fire Protection Association standards, state requirements, and local codes
• Fire alarm submittal package provided to the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), typically the local Fire Prevention Bureau, for review, acceptance, and permitting
• Installation and programming
• Functional test of all components of alarm system and certification
• Full acceptance test as required by the AHJ
• Training and instruction on use and operation.
Edison Fire Protection is a one stop shop fire protection company with over 37 years of expertise in the fire protection industry. We specialize in providing the highest quality of fire protection service for business’, organizations, restaurants, schools, hospitals, and government buildings in the Los Angeles and Orange County area. Whether you need your fire extinguishers inspected or a whole new fire sprinkler system designed and installed, we are here to do the job right and on schedule!
If you have a business or restaurant in the Los Angeles or Orange county area and would like a free evaluation on any of the services below, please call Edison Fire Protection today!
• Fire Extinguishers Fire Pumps
• Fire Sprinklers Fire Suppression Systems
• Fire Alarms Fire Hose
• Fire hydrant Emergency Lights
• Ul-300 Design Work
Edison Fire services the following clientele:
• Commercial Fire Systems
• Residential Fire Systems
• Industrial Fire Systems
• New Construction
• Tenant Remodel
• Government Buildings
• Commercial High Rise Buildings
• Schools & Colleges
• Stadium Venues
• Retail Buildings
• Office Buildings
• Cold Storage
• Bio Tech Facilities
• Military Installation
We Provide Service in the following cities of Los Angeles
Agoura Hills ,Alhambra ,Arcadia Artesia, Azusa ,Baldwin Park, Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Beverly Hills, Bradbury,Burbank, Calabas, Carson, Cerritos, Claremont, Commerce, Compton,Covina,Cudahy,CulverCity,Diamond Bar,Downey Duarte,El Monte,El Segundo,Gardena,Glendale,Glendora,Hawaiian Gardens, Hawthorne,Hermosa Beach, Hidden Hills, Huntington Park, Industry, Inglewood, Irwindale, La Canada-Flintridge, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, La Puente, La Verne, Lakewood, Lawndale, Lomita, Long Beach Los Angeles, Lynwood, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Maywood, Monrovia, Montebello, Monterey Park, Norwalk, Palos Verdes Estates, Paramount, Pasadena, Pico Rivera, Pomona, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Rosemead, San Dimas, San Fernando, San Gabriel, San Marino, Santa Clarita, Santa Fe Springs, Santa Monica, Sierra Madre, Signal Hill, South El Monte, South Gate,South Pasadena, Temple City, Torrance, Vernon, Walnut, West Covina, West Hollywood, Westlake Village,Whittier.
We Provide Service in the following cities of Orange County
Aliso Viejo,Anaheim,Brea,BuenaPark,Costa, Mesa,Cypress,Dana Point,Fountain Valley,Fullerton,Garden Grove,Huntington Beach,Irvine,Laguna, Beach,Laguna Hills,Laguna Niguel,Laguna Woods,,La Habra,Lake Forest,La Palma,Los Alamitos,Mission Viejo,Newport Beach,Orange,Placentia,Rancho Santa Margarita,San Clemente,San Juan Capistrano,Santa Ana,Seal Beach,Stanton,Tustin,Villa Park,Westminster,Yorba Linda, Coto De Caza
Edison Fire professionals are ready to support your Los Angeles or Orange County organization’s fire protection systems and service requests 24 hours a day. Call Edison Fire now for more information about fire extinguisher services at (800) 222-9338