Every hospital has a legal responsibility to make sure that there is an escape route from a fire. During the fire accident, it is more difficult to evacuate any healthcare site or hospital.
Evacuating a hospital is a process that involves moving a high dependency and immobile patients, which must be carried out immediately. Hence, the hospital engineering services must carefully follow the different standards and equipment (related to safety procedures) given below.
- Two separate pumps such as diesel and electric pumps should be ready
- 4-way fire inlet must be ready during the time of emergency
- Arrangement of filling fire tenders
- Automatic heat detectors and smoke detectors
- Escape routes – escape stair
- Fire extinguishers and Fire alarm system
- Fire drill should be performed
- Fire fighting installation approval to be obtained
- First aid equipment cabinets
- First aid fire fighting appliances must be in working conditions
- Forced ventilation
- Location of control room should be easily accessible
- Proper access for firefighters
- The pump room and pumps
- Yard hydrants and ring main should be as per strategic locations
- Sufficient sprinklers system
- Yard hydrants should be ready for usage
Apart from the standards given above, there are a lot of standards and procedures. If you want to obtain a fire safety for your hospital from fire alarm companies in Los Angeles or fire protection company in Los Angeles, feel free to contact us at 1-800-222-9338 or visit our website https://www.edison-fire.com.