Every hospital has a legal responsibility to make sure that proper means of escape from fire is available with suitable and sufficient fire fighting equipment as per the statutory requirements. During the fire accident, it is more difficult to evacuate any healthcare site or hospital than that of a normal building. Evacuating a hospital is the process that involves moving high dependency and immobile patients, which must be carried out immediately. Hence, hospital engineering services must carefully follow the different standards and equipment (related to safety procedures) given below.
- 2 separate pumps such as diesel and electric pumps should be ready.
- 4 way fire inlet must be ready during the time of emergency
- Arrangement of filling fire tenders
- Automatic heat detectors and smoke detectors
- Escape routes – escape stair
- Fire extinguishers and Fire alarm system
- Fire drill should be performed.
- Fire fighting installation approval to be obtained
- First aid equipment cabinets
- First aid fire fighting appliances must be in working conditions.
- Forced ventilation
- Location of control room should be easily accessible.
- Proper access for fire tender to fire tanks
- Pump room and pumps
- Yard hydrants and ring main should be as per strategic locations.
- Sufficient sprinklers system
- Yard hydrants should be ready for usage.
Apart from the standards given above, there are a lot of standards and procedures. If you want to obtain fire safety support for your hospital from fire alarm companies in Los Angeles or fire protection company in Los Angeles, feel free to contact us @ 1-800-222-9338 or visit our website @ https://www.edison-fire.com.